1. Guarantee of privacy and personal data protection
The following section explains how and when healthbook collects personal data.
2. Intended use of personal data
For the services offered by healthbook, personal data do need to be provided. For example, your personal data could be used to supply you with information which you may find interesting, to communicate with you, or for other purposes arising from the circumstances, or about which we previously informed you when you entered your personal data.
3. Privacy of personal data
Also, personal data may be made available to a third party if we are compelled to do so by legislation, judicial decision or government disposition, or if the data need to be disclosed in the context of a judicial or police investigation within or outside Switzerland.
4. Right to information, rectification and deletion
healthbook endeavours to ensure that the recorded personal data are at all times correct, current and reliable in respect of their intended use. You are entitled at all times to require that incorrect personal data be rectified. If you have questions regarding the use of your personal data or wish to object to the processing of your personal data, please contact healthbook (phone: +41 41 768 53 53). If such a case arises, please state the name of the website on which you entered your personal data, identify yourself and tell us which specific information you wish to have rectified, updated or deleted. Enquiries concerning deletion of personal data will be actioned in line with all applicable legal duties in respect of filing and retention of documents.
5. Security and confidentiality
In order to ensure the safety and confidentiality of the personal data that it records online, healthbook uses, among other things, data networks equipped with standardised firewalls and password protection. In addition, healthbook takes appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, public disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. “Cookies” and Internet tags
It may occur that we collect and process information about your visit to this website, such as the pages that you visit and searches that you carry out. We use this information in order to be better able to adapt the content of the website to the needs of our customers and to prepare statistics about the individual use of the website for internal market analysis purposes. To this end, healthbook may install “cookies” which record your domain name, Internet service provider, operating system and the date and time at which you visit the website. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and saved on the hard disk of your computer. Cookies cannot harm your computer. You can set your browser in such a way that a message on your screen displays the arrival of a cookie, so that you can decide whether or not the cookie should be installed on the hard disk. If you do not wish us to install cookies, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of your browser if you do not accept any cookies.
From time to time, we may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs or 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies on this website, and allow these to be deployed by advertising and web service partners not belonging to the healthbook Group; these may be located abroad and store the respective information, including your IP address, outside Switzerland. These tags and cookies are placed both in online advertisements which bring visitors to this website and on various pages on this website. We use this technology to measure user reaction to our web pages and the effect of our advertising campaigns (e.g. how often a page is opened and which information is viewed), as well as to analyse your use of this website. These internet tags and cookies allow service partners to collect data on visitors to our website, to prepare reports on website activity for us and to provide other services related to the use of this website and the internet. They may pass on this information to third parties, if this is required by law, or if these third parties process the information on their behalf.
7. Personal information and children
The services offered on this website are dedicated only for healthcare professionals. Persons wishing to obtain information on medicinal products for children must be healthcare professionals and at least 18 years old. healthbook will not knowingly record, use or make known to third parties any personal data of children under the age of 18 without obtaining prior permission, through direct offline contact, from a person with parental custody (e.g. a parent or legal guardian). healthbook will (i) notify the person with parental custody of which personal data have been collected on the child and (ii) provide that person with the opportunity of prohibiting the recording, use or storage of the child’s personal data. healthbook undertakes to adhere strictly to the laws on child protection.
8. Links to other sites
Your access to and use of this website implies a prior written agreement (“User Agreement”) between the individual user and healthbook (“healthbook”). Moreover, the following Terms and Conditions govern access to and use of this website. If there is a conflict between the contents of the User Agreement and those of the present Terms and Conditions, the terms of the User Agreement shall prevail.
Terms and Conditions
1. You may freely navigate through the pages of this website, but your are permitted to download the information from this site, including text, images, audio and video (the “Information”) for commercial use. healthbook provides Information only for educational and informational purposes. You are permitted to distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, repost or use the Information without the written consent of healthbook.
2. You must adhere to and reproduce copyright notices or other notices of proprietary rights contained in any Information you download. You should assume that everything that you see or read on this website, unless it is stated otherwise, is protected by copyright, and without the written consent of healthbook may only be used as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in accordance with the Information on the website. healthbook neither warrants nor represents that your use of the materials displayed on the site may not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by healthbook or by a company affiliated to healthbook.
3. With the exception of the foregoing limited authorisation, no licence or any right to the Information or a copyright of healthbook or of any other party is granted or conferred to you.
4. The website of healthbook may contain or refer to trademarks, patents, protected information, technologies, products, processes or other trademarks of healthbook and/or other parties. Neither a licence nor a right of use is granted or conferred to you to use such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other trademark rights of healthbook and/or other parties.
5. The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge with continuous update of content. All Information and links were carefully checked and are updated on an ongoing basis. healthbook endeavors to ensure that the Information provided on this website is complete, accurate and up to date. However, healthbook provides no guarantee that such information, including any database records, is complete, accurate or up-to-date, and accept no liability or responsibility for this.
The Information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. healthbook reserves the right to amend, change, rectify and/or improve Information that it publishes and the products, data and programmes described in this Information at any time without prior notice and is under no obligation to update such Information. healthbook makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any of the Information. healthbook assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website. All Information is provided “as is”, with no express, implied or tacit liability for defects. This regards, in particular, warranty of merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-impairment, insofar as this is legally permissible. healthbook furthermore assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage or viruses which may affect your computer, equipment or other property as a result of you accessing or using the published Information.
7. All links to external providers were checked for their accuracy at the time of publishing. Since we do not have any control on the contents of these websites, we distance ourselves from all contents of all linked websites, which were updated after the setting of the links. Nonetheless, healthbook cannot be held liable for the content and availability of any sites which can be reached via hyperlink. The site’s operator alone shall be liable for any illegal, erroneous or incomplete content and, in particular, for any damage occurring due to the unchecked use of the content of linked pages. Here, it is irrelevant whether the damage is of a direct, indirect or financial nature, or whether other losses have been incurred due to loss of data, downtime or any other reason of any kind.
healthbook does not have any control on the contents of these the third-party websites that have been linked to healthbook, and is not responsible for the content of such pages outside the website or other sites linked to the website.
Furthermore, healthbook is not responsible for any third party content that is labelled as such.
If you wish to link your website to this website, you may only link it to the homepage. You may not link to other pages in this website without the prior written consent of healthbook.
8. healthbook assumes no liability whatsoever for links from healthbook to other parties and, in particular, is not responsible for their accuracy or lawfulness. healthbook assumes no liability whatsoever arising from infringement of or omission in the data protection policies of third parties.
9. While healthbook reserves the right to occasionally monitor or check communication and similar on this website, it is not obliged to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability for content arising therefrom, in particular for errors, libel, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or blasphemous material or for any material which could constitute or encourage behaviour that may be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. healthbook unreservedly supports the law enforcement authorities and implements judicial decisions which call upon or direct healthbook to disclose the identity of persons posting such Information or material.
10. If healthbook becomes aware that a user has infringed any of the present Terms and Conditions, it is entitled to take the necessary measures including preventing the user from using the services offered, and to remove any Information, data or content put on the website by the user, at any time and without prior notice. healthbook assumes no liability for such action.
11. As a user of this website, you are obliged to hold healthbook harmless against any legal claims, losses, liabilities, complaints, law suits, judicial or administrative procedures and costs arising from or in connection with the use of discussions, chats, postings, communications, bulletin boards and similar that are contained in this website, including those that might arise through a breach of this declaration. Such legal claims include, in particular, legal claims on the grounds of misuse of trademarks, trade names, copyright and patents, brand dilution, unlawful conflict with contractual or prospective business relations, unfair competition, slander, libel or defamation, misrepresentation or breach of warranty, or other impairments or damage to business.
12. healthbook may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this declaration. Such changes are binding on you, so you should regularly visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.